using CorEats Pancake & Waffle Mix
The chocolate mic drops! Chocolate fans everywhere go WILD! Children rejoice and mothers secretly celebrate... For unbeknown to their kiddos, this recipe is wholesome and healthy!
You may think I'm setting you up for a funny joke, but I never joke about chocolate! This recipe is so unique, so fun, so perfect for dressing up, dressing down, or to surprise your family with! There are so many wonderful options! Add my Cherry Compote, CorEats’ Chocolate Ganache, and coconut whip for an out of this world, Black Forest delight. Try pairing with Cesely’s Strawberry Mint Salsa, top with fresh berries, or enjoy these waffles as they are! You cannot go wrong!
The character of the caramelizing sugar in this recipe sets your taste buds to dancing! But if you’re Keto or looking for a zero-glycemic impact, you can substitute zero glycemic Lankanto Monk Fruit!
Go ahead and get down with your chocolate-loving self!
Black Forest Waffles
1 CorEats Pancake & Waffle Mix
⅓ cup Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa*
½ cup coconut sugar**
½ cup water
¼ cup oil
2 tsp vanilla
*Ghirardelli dark cocoa is another option
**Try maple sugar, or for a zero-glycemic, low carb option, replace with ⅓ cup Lakanto Golden.
1. Preheat your waffle iron on high heat. Waffles pictured are made using a Belgian waffle maker.
2. Empty the dry contents of CorEats’ Waffle & Pancake Mix into a medium sized bowl. Add cocoa and coconut sugar, combine well.
3. In a medium sized bowl, whisk eggs, oil, water, and vanilla together. Add to your dry ingredients, whisking until batter is smooth.
4. Scoop batter into your waffle maker ⅔ cup at a time. *For best results, be sure to turn your waffle maker to high.
5. Top as desired and enjoy!
Chocolate Ganache. Click here for recipe.
Coconut Whip Cream. Click here for recipe.
Fresh Cherries, Cherry preserves, or Cherry Compote!
Cesely's Strawberry Mint Topping. Click here for recipe.