using CorEats Blueberry Muffin Mix
What says “delicious” more thoroughly than the fresh, sweet burst of strawberry in EVERY bite? I’m so glad you asked! Strawberry shortcake of course!
This mouthwatering, refreshing, and never heavy dessert is the perfect go-to no matter what season it is! There is no time like the fresh berry season to indulge and what could be better than THAT?
Well I'm glad you asked that, too! This recipe is so stupid-easy… Yes I said it, “stupid easy,” because it is SO simple, SO scrumptious, you would be St… Er, Stunningly SILLY not to whip this up! What are you waiting for?
makes 1 dozen
1 CorEats Blueberry Muffin mix
¼ cup *butter, melted or softened
¼ cup *sour cream, or *cream cheese
1 tsp. vanilla
12oz container of fresh strawberries, sliced
2 Tbsp. powdered sweetener *Lakanto or swerve are my sugar free favorites
1 cup heavy cream *chilled, full fat coconut cream
1 Tbsp. powdered sweetener *Lakanto or Swerve are my sugar free favorites
½ tsp. vanilla
1. Preheat your oven to 350°
2. Pour your Blueberry Muffin mix into a medium sized bowl, followed by all the wet ingredients. Stir to mix thoroughly.
3. Pour the batter into lined muffin cups, filling until 2/3 full. *see pan variations below
4. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes, before removing from pans to wire racks.
5. When completely cooled, serve!
Alternative Bake Pan Sizes
You may opt to use an 8'' cake round, or an 8x8 square pan. Prepare pans *check note below. Also allow for additional bake time. Start with 20 min. bake time, checking for doneness every 5 minutes by inserting a toothpick towards the center. When it comes out clean, your cake is done!
Preparing your 8” Pans
You will want to line your pans with parchment for easy removal:
~For a square pan, grease pan and lay a sheet of parchment across 3 sides (side, bottom, side). When the cake is cooled use a knife to gently release the two sides that are not lined and gently lift up on the tabs created by the two sides that are lined. When completely cooled cut into squares.
~For a round cake pan, I highly recommend using a springform pan. Trace the bottom of the pan onto a sheet of parchment and cut the circle just inside your marked line. After greasing or 'buttering' your pan, place parchment paper cut out.
While cake is cooling, slice strawberries and mix with sweetener. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Whipped Cream Directions
1. Select a can of full fat coconut milk or coconut cream* Chill the can overnight in the refrigerator (chilling in the freezer doesn’t work as well).
*'Nature's Charm Coco Whip Cream’ uses the WHOLE CAN. Most other brands use only the part that solidifies at the top of can
2. Scoop the hardened coconut cream into a mixing bowl, leaving any clear liquid behind. It’s always helpful to have a chilled bowl, as well!
3. Whip with a hand mixer or stand mixer until light peaks form.
4. Mix in sweetener and vanilla. Serve or chill immediately until ready to feast!
Whip Option #2, pre-made
Simply grab your favorite whipped cream brand. Be sure to grab the REAL stuff!
For vegan option our favorites are:
1. ‘Reddi Whip’ in either Coconut or Almond milk can. https://www.reddiwip.com/non-dairy/non-dairy-coconut
2. ‘So Delicious’ Coco Whip. https://sodeliciousdairyfree.com/dairy-free-foods/dairy-free-frozen-desserts/coconutmilk/cocowhip-original
Whip Option #3 Dairy, made-from-scratch
Replace coconut cream with full fat dairy cream.
1. Simply whip with a hand mixer or stand mixer until light peaks form.
2. Mix in sweetener and vanilla. Serve or chill immediately until ready to feast!
Add the whip and strawberries right to the top of your shortcake cups and serve!
*Wrap leftover cake cups (separate from strawberries and whip) in plastic wrap to keep fresh