...pair with your favorite CorEats!
Treats just wanna have fun! Who said healthy can’t be fun AND taste amazing!?
Let me tell you, this cherry compote is not only a beautiful embellishment for your favorite CorEats, but it is also so decadent, so scrumptious… you may just devour it all before it has a chance to make it to the treats you intended it for!
This cherry compote is perfection served over your CorEats’ waffles, brownies, or chocolate cupcakes! It pairs GREAT with our Chocolate Ganache AND it screams, “add your favorite whipped topping to me!”
Trust me, this compote truly is... the cherry on top!
1 lb. whole pitted fresh or frozen black cherries
1/4 C orange juice*
2 tbsp granulated sweetener of choice**
1 tsp finely grated orange zest***
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
Pinch of sea salt
*can be replaced with 2 tbsp lemon juice
**use your favorite! Try coconut, maple sugar, Lakanto Monk Fruit, or honey
***can be subbed with one drop of wild orange essential oil
1. Pit the cherries if needed, or use frozen.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine the cherries, sugar, orange zest, orange juice, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
3. Adjust the heat to a simmer and cook, stirring often, for about 4 minutes, or until the cherries release their juices and the sugar dissolves.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and cool.
5. Once cool, stir in the vinegar. Pour into a clean glass jar and let cool to room temperature. Cover with the jar's lid and refrigerate.
6. ENJOY with your favorite CorEats!