Using CorEats Pizza Dough Mix
What is it about the dynamic duo, ham and CHEESE!?!? Were there ever two ingredients so perfectly matched- So completely destined to bring us joy? Now take this powerhouse and Roll out DELICIOUS! Here’s another recipe you’ll want to add to your pizza dough mix-arsenal...
If you have tried our pepperoni rolls, then I bet you are already bouncing in excited anticipation! Dr. Tara took our recommendation and whipped up these ham and cheese rolls. Be sure to give her a follow on Instagram for more healthy recipes. You won’t want to miss out!
As per our usual CorEats’ style, simplicity has never tasted so good! All you need is your favorite cheese and ham. I find a dry, thinly sliced ham works the best with this recipe. I HIGHLY recommend prosciutto. If you do choose to use non-dry, aged ham, we recommend using the marinara as a dip rather than incorporating it into your roll for best results.
Ham & Cheese Roll
1 Pizza Dough Mix
8oz shredded cheese (dairy OR dairy-free)
Thinly sliced, dry aged ham
3-4 Tbsp Marinara, or pizza sauce of choice (*Optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Prep. an 8x8 baking pan by greasing and placing a sheet of parchment paper across 3 sides of the pan: Watch here. If using a cast iron pan, spray or drizzle a well-seasoned pan with olive oil.
3. Follow the mix-package instructions and roll dough into a rectangular shape (roughly 12”x18”). For best results, place dough onto a sheet of parchment or plastic wrap and work rough shape with hands. Place another sheet of parchment or plastic wrap over the top and finish rolling out with a rolling pin. Your dough will be really thin & that’s ok. The plastic wrap will help keep it from sticking to your rolling pin!
4. Cover the dough with 3-4 Tbsp. of marinara, if using, followed by ham slices. Top with shredded cheese, leaving 1” of the outside edge clean.
5. Gently lift the edges of the parchment paper to start rolling, using the parchment to help guide the dough into the proper shape. As the dough comes together on the first full roll, press down to make a tight roll and to help keep proper shape. Continue to do this until your roll is complete.
6. Slice into 8-9 equal rolls.
7. Place into the prepared baking pan. Lightly cover with foil and bake for 55-minutes.
8. Let cool for 10 minutes, drizzle with fresh olive oil and serve with marinara!
~Marinara works best as a dip but will work well incorporated into rolls if you use a dry and thinly sliced ham.
~Feel free to skip the marinara for a traditional ham & cheese flavor OR opt for a garlic butter (butter-non-dairy or dairy, with minced or powdered garlic and parsley to taste).
~If you are using a well-seasoned cast iron pan to bake your rolls, you can skip the parchment paper. Simply preheat your pan, and spray well with oil before placing rolls in the pan.
~You can sprinkle your rolls with sea salt flakes or your favorite herbs: Rosemary and garlic salt work nicely!
More yummy recipes from @drtarashunshine: