using CorEats Cupcake mix
A special occasion, a warm day, a sweet tooth, a love of cake and ice cream- These are all very valid reasons to indulge in a delicious classic we all know and love! But minus those pesky ingredients we don’t, of course!
Seriously friends, this is a staple MUST! And let me tell you, this recipe is only a decadent foundation. From CorEats Decadent Caramel, Chocolate Ganache, and/ or Cesely’s Strawberry Mint Topping, to the ice cream flavors YOU love most, CorEats Ice Cream Cake YOUR way is one simple choice away! Hey, go crazy and try it with a CorEats’ Blueberry Muffin Mix for a non-chocolate version! As is true to all things CorEats, ease is equally important to taste and wholesome perfection!
With CorEats, I-sCream chocolate, you S-cream vanilla, and we all melt over delicious! I call that a cream of the crop WIN!
CorEats Chocolate Cupcake mix*
2 pints of ice cream of choice**
CorEats Chocolate Ganache, click here for full recipe
Powdered sugar, optional for dusting
*For 1 inch cake layers you will need 1 CorEats Chocolate Cupcake. For traditional 2” cake layers, use 2 CorEats Chocolate Cupcake mixes.
**dairy or non dairy
Cake Directions, watch here
1. Prepare your Chocolate Cupcake mix per package instructions for each layer, including preheating your oven.
2. Grease two round or square 8x8 pans. Lay parchment across three sides if using a square pan, or cut out a sheet of parchment to fit the bottom of your circle pan by tracing the bottom onto your parchment. See how here.
Alternatively, you may use a 9x13 cake pan and cut your cooled cake in half lengthwise.
3. Divide your batter evenly between your two pans. For 1-inch cakes, bake for 13-18 minutes. For 2-inch cakes, bake for 20-25 minutes. Cakes are ready when an inserted toothpick comes out clean!
4. Allow your cakes to cool on a wire rack for a few minutes. Using a knife, loosen the cake edges from the sides of the pans. Lift the parchment paper and place the cakes on a wire rack to cool completely.
5. Once cooled to room temperature, wrap cakes well with plastic wrap to retain their moisture and place them in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
6. While your cakes get nice and cold, prepare your Chocolate Ganache or topping of choice.
7. Once ready to compile your cake, allow your ice cream to soften.
Thawing in the refrigerator works great! You want it quite frozen yet soft enough to spread over the 1st cake layer
If using alternative ice creams such as almond, cashew, or coconut, thaw in the fridge for up to 1 hour. For dairy options, thaw in the fridge for 20 minutes.
8. Spread softened ice cream onto your 1st chilled cake layer. You will want it to be a nice thick layer. Finish by placing your second chilled cake layer on the top of the ice cream layer.
For a zero-stress ice cream layer, use the same sized dish you baked your cake in, prepped with parchment or plastic wrap, and press softened ice cream into the pan, creating a thick uniform layer of ice cream, smoothing as you go. Refreeze until it’s a frozen, solid layer.
If you spread your softened ice cream layer directly onto the cake, place your cake back into the freezer to allow the ice cream to firm back up and chill before topping.
9. Drizzle or spread cooled ganache or topping of choice over the top of your cake, followed by any yummy additions such as sprinkles, nuts, etc. Have fun here!
I like to add powdered sugar before the chocolate chocolate drizzle, to help the chocolate drizzle stand out against the chocolate cake!
10. Serve immediately or place back into the freezer until ready to serve. If serving at another time, allow your cake to set in the freezer before wrapping it securely in plastic wrap to keep cake fresh. When ready to enjoy, remove from the freezer and allow it to thaw for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Go plain! It will be like a traditional, but supersized, ice cream sandwich that you can eat with your hands!
Mint Chocolate Chip- replace vanilla ice cream with mint chocolate chip and add a couple drops of peppermint oil to your ganache!
Try replacing your CorEats Chocolate Cupcake mix with a Blueberry Muffin Mix!
CorEats Decadent Caramel Drizzle
Cesely’s Strawberry Mint Topping
powdered sweetener dusting
freeze dried berries
… You name it, have fun!