using CorEats Cupcake Mix
Of course it was understandable when my CorEats’ Cupcake mix decided it was time to inspire me. That very inspiration sCreamed for my attention, subtly and soft-served. Oh yeah, you better believe I’m talking about ice cream!
The simple, undeniably delicious beauty of this recipe will have you giggling happily as you devour the best darned ice cream sandwich your mouth has ever had the pleasure of meeting, tasting, savoring, devouring… dare I say- Sharing ;-) After all, you will be one popular ice cream slinger once people discover how cleverly you bake! Oh don’t worry- JUST how simple this recipe is can be our little secret, shhh. I would dream of stealing your creamy thunder!
Trust me, this is a recipe that you’ll love un-cone-ditionally!
What You’ll Need
makes roughly 6 sandwiches
CorEats Cupcake Mix
1-2 pints of ice cream of choice (dairy or non-dairy. SoDelicious Sugar Free is an excellent option!)
silicone roll or muffin pan *linked below
1. Prepare your Chocolate Cupcake mix per package instructions, including preheating your oven.
2. Grease two silicone roll pans. Alternatively, you may use a 9x13 cake pan and cut your cooled cake into squares, or use a cupcake pan, cutting your cooled cupcakes in half.
3. If using a cookie sheet, lay parchment across the bottom of your circle pan. See how here.
4. Pour your batter into each roll well, filling halfway.
5. Place your silicone roll pans onto a cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
6. Allow the cake to cool for a few minutes, then transfer from the pan and onto a wire rack to cool completely.
7. Using the same silicone pan, prepared by lightly greasing, fill 6 of the roll cavities with softened ice cream of choice. Thawing in the refrigerator works great! You want it quite frozen, but softened enough to spread. You’ll want to make each well nice and full for a thick ice cream layer, smoothing the top as you go.
If using alternative ice cream such as almond, cashew, or coconut, thaw in the fridge for up to 1 hour.
For dairy options, thaw in the fridge for 20 minutes.
8. Pop the silicone pan into the freezer and refreeze until the ice cream filling is a frozen solid.
9. Remove frozen ice cream filling from the silicone pan, placing it onto one cake half. Place a second cake half on top of this and voila, ice cream sandwiches!
10. Serve immediately or place back into the freezer until ready to serve. If serving at another time, allow your sandwiches to set in the freezer before wrapping each separately and securely in plastic wrap to keep fresh. When ready to enjoy, remove from the freezer, allow it to thaw for a few minutes.
Cake Variations/ Optional Toppings
CorEats Decadent Caramel Drizzle
Cesely’s Strawberry Mint Topping
If using mint chocolate chip ice cream, add a couple drops of peppermint oil to your ganache!
powdered sweetener dusting
chocolate chips (feel free to stir into softened ice cream before refreezing)
freeze dried berries
… You name it, have fun!