Who doesn’t love a delicious bonus? Well this beauty is not only a fresh, crisp, wholesome, and scrumptious treat, but it also stars as an eye-catching garnish for many amazing CorEats treats!
Try the incredible variations below, try them topped on your favorite muffin, waffles, loaf, or go all in and dip these babies in chocolate! I mean, why not!?
2 firm apples, sliced thin 1/8" apple variety of choice*
Maple Syrup *optional
Fresh lemon juice *optional
*If you choose a sour or tart apple, you may want to sprinkle apples with sweetener, such as powdered Lakanto or maple sugar/syrup.
1. Preheat your oven to 225°.
2. Line your baking sheet with parchment.
3. Using a Mandolin or sharp paring knife, very thinly slice apples lengthwise, roughly ⅛’ thick, and place in a single layer on your prepared baking sheet. Brushing your apples with about 1/2 Tbsp. of fresh squeezed lemon will help keep your chips white.
4. Bake for 1 ½ hours. Flip slices and continue baking until darkened slightly and edges have curled (they should still be pliable), for 1 to 1 1/2 hours total.
5. Transfer slices to a wire rack and let stand until cool and crisp.
6. Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Cinnamon Sugar: Liberally sprinkle tops of slices with cinnamon sugar. Bake as indicated above
Maple Glazed: Generously brush tops of slices with maple syrup. Bake as indicated above.