using CorEats Pumpkin or Banana Bread & Muffin mix
A chill in the air, bright colors everywhere, and the excitement of holiday adventures to come could only mean one thing… Welcome Fall!
With Fall comes the warm and enticing aromas of cinnamon and nutmeg! And what Fall festivity is complete without pumpkin? Are you ready for a new tradition? How about warm pumpkin muffins, filled with mouthwatering cream cheese filling, and topped with an irresistible cinnamon and pecan streusel! You’re welcome ;-)
***For a vegan option, simply follow the recommendations, found in the parenthesis!
Here is what you’ll need…
1 CorEats Pumpkin or Banana Bread & Muffin mix
Cream Cheese Filling
1 8oz. package cream cheese*
3 Tbsp Maple sugar**
2 Tbsp butter***
1 Tbsp maple syrup
*excellent vegan options include Kite Hill or Violife
**Can sub with coconut, Lakanto Golden, or your favorite granular variety
***vegan Earth Balance
Cinnamon & Pecan Streusel
5 Tbsp coconut or maple sugar (for maple sugar click here)
5 Tbsp almond flour (for a clumpier streusel, substitute 3 Tbsp with cassava or arrowroot flour)
3 Tbsp butter, cold & cubed
3 Tbsp chopped pecans
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat your oven to 350.
2. Line a muffin pan.
3. For the filling: In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until soft. Add sugar and maple syrup. Beat until smooth and creamy. Scoop mixture into a baggie and refrigerate.
4. For the streusel: In a medium bowl, mix flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Add butter cubes, cutting it in with a fork until crumbly. Stir in chopped pecans. Set aside.
5. Prepare pumpkin muffin mix, following package instructions. Place batter into muffin cups until ½ full.
6. Remove cream cheese filling from the refrigerator and twist the top until all the cream cheese is gathered/pushed into one corner (like an icing bag/piper). Cut a small opening into the corner (no larger than a ¼ of an inch). Place the tip of the bag into the center of each batter filled muffin cup and squeeze the cream cheese mixture into the batter until the muffin cup is ¾ full. Watch here.
7. Sprinkle each muffin cup with streusel.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.