Using CorEats Blueberry Muffin Mix
For me, creativity and “thinking outside the box” seems to be at its peak when a craving hits and there are limited ingredients at my disposal. The other night, as we settled in for a good movie, that ol’ chocolate craving showed up… unexpectedly, I might add. OF COURSE we were fresh out of Chocolate Cupcake mixes. Sure, I could have made something from scratch, but I prefer to take the path of least resistance.
What did I have on hand? A Blueberry Muffin mix, Lol! Yep, that’ll do. And boy did it EVER! Instead of adding Blueberries, I added dutched cocoa and a little extra oil and VOILA! A delectable chocolate treat was born! This chocolatey baked beauty, nestled somewhere between a cake and a brownie, will satisfy even the fiercest chocolate craving.
Here is what you need:
½ cup Dutched Cocoa
¾ cup oil (Oil can also be substituted ¼ cup oil, ½ cup applesauce)
1 tsp vanilla
*optional, a handful of chocolate chips!
Why 'Dutch' cocoa? The simplest answer is that it is less acidic, and creates a pure flavor and decadently rich color! So while its totally ok to use regular cocoa in this recipe, dutch cocoa will give you a smooth, luxurious, and chocolatey flavor!
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Grease and line an 8X8 glass dish with parchment. Set aside. Watch video here.
3. Add all ingredients to a medium bowl and mix well. *optional, toss in a handful of chocolate chips
4. Pour into the prepared glass dish.
5. Bake at 350° for 20 min, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
6. Partially cool. Enjoy warm!