using CorEats Blueberry mix
I think that we can all agree that sweet and juicy, chocolate covered fruit is decadent and delish! So I got to thinking- Why can’t I take this amazing concept, combine it with my yummy Blueberry Muffin mix, and create a dessert that not only satisfies your chocolate covered fruit craving, but your cake craving as well? I know, genius, right!?
I am happy to announce with complete certainty that this combination of craving crushing concepts worked even better than I had hoped! This cake is perfectly moist with bites of rich chocolate and bursting with the perfect balance of sweet and tart from the berries. To be totally honest, I thought that adding fruit to muffins was a genius flavor profile, but I now know that THIS is!
Any time of year, using fresh or frozen raspberries, this cake or loaf dishes out fruity that EVERYONE can get behind! Forks at the ready… Indulge!
CorEats Blueberry mix
1 cup raspberries*
⅓ cup chocolate chips
Streusel Topping, optional
½ cup almond flour
3 Tbsp Sugar *coconut, maple, or your favorite
3 Tbsp cold butter, cut into small pieces
1 tsp cinnamon, linked below
¼ cup raspberries*
pinch sea salt
Chocolate Swirl, optional
⅓ cup sweetener of choice
1 ½ Tbsp dutch cocoa
3 Tbsp butter, melted *vegan or dairy
1 tsp vanilla extract
*Frozen or fresh raspberries will work. Try your favorite berries- Raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, or even cherries!
1. Preheat your oven to 350℉.
2. Grease a loaf pan or an 8x8 square or round pan for a cake. For easy removal line your pan with parchment, laying it across 3-sides.
3. Prepare the batter according to all package instructions.
4. Toss the raspberries in powdered sweetener to coat. Fold the berries and chocolate chips into the batter, distributing them evenly throughout. Pour your batter into your prepared pan and set aside.
5. If using chocolate swirl, melt the butter and stir in sweetener, cocoa, and vanilla. Dollop the swirl over the batter and with a butter knife, gently swirl chocolate into the batter.
6. If using streusel topping, add all dry ingredients to a small bowl. Top with cold butter and blend together with a fork or pastry cutter until a crumbly topping forms. Using a spoon or your fingertips, dollop the crumble all over the top of your batter.
7. Bake for 30 minutes. Lightly cover with a sheet of parchment or foil and return to your oven. Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, or until the center is firm and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
8. Cool completely and ENJOY!