using CorEats Pumpkin/Banana Mix
Sometimes the most extraordinary can come from the most unexpected...
Take the unique flavors of the fall season. Sure, pumpkin as pumpkin can be very fulfilling. BUT, add the warmth of cinnamon and cardamom, a touch of sweet, a moist crumb, with the unique pairing of orange, and what do you have? That’s right, friend: extraordinarily and uniquely delicious. The kind of yum you’ll want to visit again, and again, and then quite reasonably, AGAIN!
But we must not forget the fine details. You know, those little touches that polish up the package with an inviting, and oh so lovely, bow. Well that, my dear, would be the chocolate drizzle!!! Of course there’s chocolate, silly!
It’s time to roll up those sleeves and grab your CorEats mix! The exceptionally delicious is simply a hop, skip, and a mix away!
1 CorEats Pumpkin/Banana dry mix
1 tsp ground cardamom
1/3 cup oil*
1/3 cup Kite Hill yogurt**
1 tsp vanilla
½ tsp almond extract
Zest of 2 oranges, roughly ⅔ cup
Zest of 2 lemons, roughly 4 tbsp
*Avocado, coconut, almond, butter alternative, etc.
** Unsweetened dairy alternatives may be substituted as diet allows.Vegan or regular sour cream can be substituted.
1/2 cup unsweetened chocolate chips *I use Lily’s
1-2 tbsp coconut oil
1. Preheat your oven to 350°
2. Zest oranges and lemons by using a large cheese grater. Set aside.
3. Prepare your standard bread pan by spraying or greasing it with oil. For super easy removal, line three sides of the pan with parchment. Watch here
4. Empty the dry contents of CorEats’ Pumpkin/Banana Mix into a medium sized bowl. Mix in cardamon, followed by remaining wet ingredients. Mix well.
5. Fold citrus zest into batter.
6. Pour your batter into a prepared baking dish and bake for 45-50 minutes, OR until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. For an 8” cake pan, bake roughly 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Cool completely. Remove from the pan and enjoy as is, or top with a chocolate drizzle!
For the chocolate Drizzle
1. Melt the chocolate chips and oil in a microwave safe dish in 10 second intervals until shiny and completely melted. For stove top, heat over low heat, stirring constantly until melted and smooth.
2. Drizzle the chocolate over your cooled loaf. For an extra pretty drizzle, spoon your chocolate into a small baggie, cut off one corner, and drizzle over your loaf!
3. Allow chocolate to cool and enjoy!