Recipe developed by Alyssa Rock
using CorEats Pumpkin or Banana Bread mix
1 CorEats Pumpkin or Banana Bread & Muffin mix
3 eggs* (substitutions below)
1/2 cup pumpkin
2 tsp oil
1 tsp vanilla
Cream Cheese Filling
1 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened*
1 C powdered sugar, divided**
6 Tbsp butter, softened*
1 tsp vanilla
*For vegan substitutions, replace each egg with a flax egg, and use your favorite non-dairy replacements. Some of my favorite brands are: Earth balance (butter), Violife (butter and cream cheese), Kite Hill (cream cheese).
**Sugar substitutes: For the most pleasing flavor, try using maple sugar! Just place in a blender until powdered!
Watching your sugar intake? Try powdered Lakanto: It's a zero glycemic substitute made with Monk Fruit. *Linked at bottom of page.
1. Heat oven to 350 F.
2. Grease 10 x 15 sheet. Line pan with parchment paper for easy removal.
This will need to be an edged cookie sheet.
3. Whisk eggs, pumpkin, oil (melt if solid like butter or coconut oil), and vanilla in a medium bowl. Add dry mix. Combine well.
4. Pour batter onto prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake for 13-15 minutes (may be closer to 10-11 depending on oven and pan used).
For the filling
1. Beat cream cheese, and butter until smooth.
2. Add sugar 1/4 cup at a time, to taste, mixing well.
3. Add vanilla. Beat until creamy. Set aside.
Cooling and Rolling
1. Let roll cool in the pan for 10 min, or until pan and roll can be handled. It will still be very warm. This allows for the loaf to be rolled without cracking.
2. Move along edges with a knife to make sure the loaf free from the cookie sheet. Cover with a sheet of parchment or plastic wrap and flip onto work area.
3. Slowly peel off layer of parchment paper that loaf baked on.
4. Lift the parchment paper (or plastic wrap) that loaf is resting on and roll, slowly, allowing the cake to take form.
5. Set aside until cooled to room temp.
6. When completely cooled, carefully unroll cake.
7. Spread cream cheese mixture over cake and re-roll. Make sure to not to spread cream cheese too close to the edge as it will spill out.
8. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour.
9. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.