using CorEats Pumpkin Bread & Muffin Mix
When you know dessert is gonna be this easy to whip up and this heavenly to gobble up, a no brainer has never tasted better!
The star of this show is its mouthwatering simplicity. Once you whip up your CorEats Pumpkin mixes according to package instructions, the spiced decadence gets smothered in a perfect cream cheese frosting.
Mmm, pumpkin spice and everything deliciously nice- That’s what this cake is made of!
For The Cake:
2 CorEats Pumpkin mixes
2- 8” cake pans
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
2 C powdered sweetener*
1 1/3 C Spectrum Organic Veg Oil (100% organic Palm Fruit Oil)
8 oz cream cheese**
1/2 C butter**
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
For the Caramel Sauce***:
1 1/3 cup granulated maple or coconut sugar
1 cup coconut cream, pure white part
1 Tbsp vanilla
1/2 tsp sea salt ***
*We recommend maple and coconut sugar. To powder, simply process in a high speed blender or food processor. For 0 glycemic, try Lakanto Golden.both dairy or vegan works!
**both dairy or vegan works!
***recommended, but optional
For the Caramel Sauce, can be made a day ahead
1. In a small heavy saucepan, mix coconut cream and maple or coconut sugar; stir gently to combine and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stop stirring at this point to ensure sugar crystals do not form on the sides of the pan.
2. Reduce heat to low and simmer until a candy thermometer reaches 235-240℉, roughly 15-20 minutes.
3. When the drizzle reaches the right temperature, remove from heat. Add sea salt and vanilla and stir. Allow the caramel mixture to cool for 15-20 minutes. It will thicken as it cools.
For the Cake
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Prepare 8” cake pans by greasing and lining with parchment.
To line with parchment simply trace the bottom of the pan onto a sheet of parchment and cut ¼” inside the circle line.
3. To make your batter, simply follow package instructions.
4. Pour batter into prepared 8”cake pans.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. If it comes out clean, or only has a few crumbs sticking to it, it is done!
6. Allow the cake to cool.
7. Wrap with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
This is an optional step but we recommend this so that your cake decorates properly in subsequent steps.
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
1. Cream butter, cream cheese, and shortening.
2. Add powdered sweetener 1/4 cup at a time and blend until smooth.
3. Mix in vanilla and salt and TASTE (you know… just to be sure 😊)!
How to build your cake
1. Spread frosting onto the cooled 1st layer of pumpkin cake, leaving a depression in the center for the caramel sauce. Spoon caramel sauce onto the center of the 1st frosted layer.
2. Add the second layer of pumpkin cake. Frost the rest of the cake as desired.
3. Chill until set.
4. Slice and serve!
-This recipe can be cut in half to make a single layer cake!
-If using a 6” pan, bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
-Use leftover caramel to drizzle over cake as decoration, or serve as garnish with sliced cake! Caramel sauce can be made ahead.