Using CorEats Brownie Mix
Free of grain, gluten, and dairy Everybody loves brownies, am I right!? Brownies are just that perfect, decadently fudgy- blank canvas, ready to be dressed up with that touch of something extra! Now, don’t get nervous on me… You’re not opening yourself up to a long, painful baking process! Seriously, this is so easy, fun and delicious!
Now full disclosure, I DO include a delectable ingredient that may be considered a big no-no, BUT I included it nonetheless because it IS the holidays and there ARE healthier alternatives! And hey, it’s totally optional :-)
So, here is a festive way to snazz up your brownie mix and transform it into a holiday worthy, brag-right winning, HECK yeah I made those babies- DELIGHT! The simplest way is to add 1 tsp of peppermint to your brownie mix and follow package baking instructions! See, I told you it was simple! Before serving, you can drizzle with chocolate, layer with a peppermint glaze and sprinkle with crushed candy canes (GASP), or even healthier, garnish with fresh mint leaves. Simple. Easy. Done.
Let’s talk about those candy canes. While it’s going to be nearly impossible to find a good sugar-free version that doesn’t have scary sweeteners and colors in them, you do have options. If sugar is not a problem, you can find organic, free of dyes and corn syrup candy canes here. For those of you who would prefer to avoid the candy cane all together, simply garnish your brownies with fresh mint leaves for a polished presentation.
1 CorEats Brownie Mix
1 tsp peppermint
- Grease 8x8 baking dish and line 3 sides with parchment. Simply tear your parchment to a little less than the width of the bottom of your pan so that it can lay across the pan and up the 2 sides without folding. Gently press the parchment to make it stick to the bottom and along the two sides. Fold over the excess paper along the top lip of the pan. This will keep it from folding over into the batter while baking (especially if you have convection). Don’t worry about the 2 unlined sides of the pan. After baking and cooling, the parchment will provide enough non-stick to easily pull your brownie out of the pan, using those folded over parchment tabs
- Empty dry mix into medium sized bowl and follow package instructions adding all wet ingredients including 1 tsp peppermint extract.
- Pour into parchment lined pan and bake as instructed on package. Set aside to cool
¾ cup powdered sugar (try coconut or maple sugar, see tips below)
¼ tsp peppermint (or to taste)
3 Tbsp almond milk (one at a time)
- Add powdered sweetener to small bowl with peppermint extract, and 2 Tbsp milk. Stir. If your mixture is too thick to pour or drizzle, add one tsp of milk at a time until it is a pourable consistency. Cover with plastic wrap and Set aside
1/2 cup chocolate chips *See tips
1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan
- Over low heat, stir continuously until chips and oil are melted and smooth
- Set aside and cool. When it is barely warm to the touch its ready to drizzle!
- Gently remove brownies from the baking dish by lifting up on the folded parchment tabs. You may need to run a knife along the 2 unlined sides to break the brownie away from pan
- Set down on a plastic wrapped or parchment paper lined work area. The plastic wrap/parchment paper will keep work area clean as you drizzle toppings in next step
- Drizzle peppermint glaze in any pattern you like
- Sprinkle with crushed candy canes
- Follow with with chocolate drizzle and let harden
- Using the same parchment paper tabs, lift brownie onto serving platter and cut away the parchment tabs, so the paper is no longer visible. Garnish with mint leaves or extra candy canes and serve!
In a pinch, blend your granular sweetener in a high-speed blender on high for a couple seconds to make powdered sugar
For sugar-free, pure dark chocolate experience try Pascha unsweetened chocolate chips
Lily’s offers a sugar-free semi sweet chocolate chip, but be advised that it contains soy
Lakanto has a fabulous allergen, sugar and soy free chocolate chip here.
For an allergen free semi-sweet chocolate chip Enjoy Life is a good choice
For a 0- glycemic option, try CorEats Chocolate Cake & Cupcake Mix in place of the Brownie Mix!