using CorEats Pizza Dough Mix
I’m literally giddy about spilling these Cocoa beans. You will have an immediate connection with this confection!
Ooey gooey chocolate goodness rolled into every bite, surrounded by the delicious embrace of a decadently delicious dough. Not only will these transform ALL that you thought you loved about cinnamon rolls, but you will experience love at first bite!
As per usual with CorEats, flavor certainly takes first place. Ease comes in as close second, however! These Keto Chocolate Cinnamon rolls are such a breeze to whip up. Throw out the temptation to buy any store-bought, quick-fix, counterfeit cinnamon rolls again. And say hello to wholesome, sin-free goodness!
Did you see that? That was guilt, flying out the window. ENJOY!!!!
8x8 baking dish, preferably glass
½ cup Lakanto Monk Fruit Golden *see notes below
5 tbsp butter, melted **see notes below
2 tbsp Dutch cocoa powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate bar, optional
½ cup powdered Lakanto*
2-3 tbsp butter melted**
1 tsp instant espresso powder***
½ tsp vanilla extract
*Sugar substitutes: Coconut, maple sugar, or your favorite granular sweetener. Don't have any powdered sweeteners on hand? Just place your granulated sweetener in a high speed blender and pulse until powdered.
**I use vegan Earth Balance butter, but any butter will work with our recipe! Coconut cream works nicely as a butter replacement in this recipe, too!
***Instant espresso can be replaced with: 1 tbsp strongly brewed espresso & 2 tbsp butter.
***Butter and instant espresso can be replaced with: 4 tbsp coconut cream & finely ground espresso, warmed on the stovetop. until flavors develop.
1. Preheat your oven to 350°
2. Prepare an 8x8 baking pan by greasing and placing a sheet of parchment paper across 3 sides of the pan. Watch Here
3. For chocolate filling: Mix your granular sweetener, cocoa, and cinnamon together until smooth and free of clumps. Add the melted butter and vanilla to the cocoa mixture and mix well. Set aside.
4. For the dough: Follow the mix package instructions and roll dough into a rectangular shape, roughly 11” x 14”.
For Best results, place the dough onto a sheet of parchment or plastic wrap and work rough shape with your hands. Place another sheet of parchment or plastic wrap over the top and finish rolling out with a rolling pin.
5. Spread the chocolate mixture evenly onto the dough, leaving 1” of the outer edge clean.
6. Gently lift the edges of the parchment paper to start the roll. Use the parchment to help guide the dough into the proper shape. As the dough comes together on the first full roll, press down to make a tight roll and to help keep proper shape. Continue to do this until the roll is complete.
7. Slice into 8 equal rolls by slicing in “half” sections.
8. Place rolls into your prepared baking pan and tent with a sheet of foil. Bake for 50-55 minutes. (45 min)
9. Remove from the oven and cool.
10. While cinnamon rolls are cooling, prepare your glaze.
For the glaze: Heat instant espresso and butter until espresso is dissolved. Set aside. In a small dish, add powdered sweetener, butter mixture, and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth.
11. While cinnamon rolls are still warm, but not HOT, pour or drizzle glaze over the tops of the rolls.
12. Dig in and ENJOY!
Espresso Glaze not your flavor of choice? Try these variations:
½ cup powdered Lakanto*
2-3 tbsp vegan butter, melted**
½ tsp vanilla extract
*Sugar substitutes: Coconut, maple sugar, or your favorite granular sweetener. Don't have any powdered sweeteners on hand? Just place in a high speed blender and pulse until powdered.
**I use vegan Earth Balance, but any butter will work with our recipe! Try coconut cream instead of butter!
Optional Glaze Instructions
In a small dish, add powdered sweetener, vanilla, and 2 tbsp of melted butter or coconut cream. To thin to desired consistency, add remaining tbsp of melted butter or coconut cream! Stir until smooth. Top those rolls!
Optional Cream Cheese Icing
1oz cream cheese*
4 tbsp butter, *
¼ tsp vanilla
¾ cup powdered sweetener, **
Pinch of salt
1 tbsp almond milk
*I use vegan Kite Hill cream cheese and vegan Earth Balance Butter, but go ahead and use your favorite!
** For Keto and sugar-free, try Lakanto Golden Monk Fruit. For paleo options, try granulated coconut or maple sugar. To powder granular sweeteners, place in a high speed blender. Pulse until powdered!
Optional Cream Cheese Icing Instructions
In a blender, cream cheese and butter until well blended. Add powdered Lakanto and mix until smooth. Add vanilla and salt. If needed, add milk to lighten up the icing. Icing is best served on warm cinnamon rolls so that it partially melts into them, hardening slightly as they cool.