This twist on the classic fruit crisp favorite is not only a fresh and mouthwatering treat, but it also stars as an eye-catching garnish!
Whip these delicious chips up for a healthy, on the go snack, or pair with your favorite CorEats’ treats. Not only will they kick your treats up a notch, but guilt-free loves to be beautiful as much as it loves to be scrumptious!
2 firm, underripe pears, sliced thin 1/8"
Maple Syrup, maple sugar, coconut sugar, or Golden Lakanto *Optional
Fresh lemon juice *Optional
1. Preheat your oven to 225°.
2. Line your baking sheet with parchment.
3. Using a Mandolin or sharp paring knife, very thinly slice apples lengthwise, roughly ⅛’ thick, and place in a single layer on your prepared baking sheet. Brushing your apples with about 1/2 Tbsp. of fresh squeezed lemon will help keep your chips white.
4. Bake for 1 ½ hours. Flip slices and continue baking until darkened slightly and edges have curled (they should still be pliable), for 1 to 1 1/2 hours total.
5. Transfer slices to a wire rack and let stand until cool and crisp.
6. Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Cinnamon pear slices
Liberally sprinkle tops of slices with cinnamon sugar. Bake as indicated above
Maple glazed pear slices
Lightly brush tops of slices with maple syrup. Bake as indicated above.
*alternatively sprinkle with your favorite sweetener