More often than not, it’s the simple things in life that matter most. Why should our food be any different? Don’t get me wrong, if it’s wholesome and yummy, I’m a fan- But sometimes we want something with ALL the flavor and all the ease!
That craving is exactly what led to my scrumptious avocado toast! This recipe holds all the flavor and all the class whether you dress it up OR down! Make it your way: simply toast any of your favorite CorEats Bread recipes, top with fresh avocado slices, with pickled veggies added and piled high, with a fried egg for that added touch of extra protein, OR simply garnished with fresh cilantro!
Nothing is off the table- but your plate is certainly about to be emptied!
Here is what you’ll need:
2 CorEats Bread slices*
1 Avocado, sliced
2 Fried eggs, optional
¼ cup Pickled Veggies, optional. Click here for recipe.
Salt & Pepper
Butter, optional and to taste
Feta, optional to garnish
**Follow Your Heart is a great non-dairy option
1. Slice two slices from your choice of CorEats Bread recipes.
2. Toast your bread slices in a hot cast-iron skillet over medium heat, adding a pad of butter and flipping to toast both sides. This is a great time to fry up your eggs using the same hot skillet, if using.
3. Arrange fresh avocado slices across bread tops and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Top avocado however you’d like- pickled veggies, additional fresh veggies, garnish with fresh cilantro, pesto, or any way your heart desires.
5. Finish by topping your toast with your fried egg, if using.