I love food! I know, I know. That doesn’t surprise you at this point. BUT, I get really excited about locally derived, delicious, small-business supported ingredients. There is truly something special about the fresh, robust, and uniquely divine flavor that products, such as these, lend to our favorite types of comfort-food grabs!
SO, after I developed an incredible tortilla/wrap using my CorEats Pizza Dough Mix, with a texture that is virtually indistinguishable from regular flour tortillas and boasting flavor profoundly MORE delicious, I craved a unique celebration of flavors! Thus, my Cilantro-Lime. Trust me you might want to double, or even triple this recipe!
CorEats’ Better Than Bought-Tortillas/Wraps
For the most amazing, freshly made Grain-free and Keto tortilla shell directions, using CorEats Pizza Dough, click here. You may wish to warm pre-made shells in a hot cast iron skillet and sprinkle with a hint of fresh lime juice!
Make ahead: prepare your Tortilla shells. They can be made up to a week in advance, covered and chilled.
1 ½ lbs. chicken thighs, roughly 10 thighs
1 lime, halved *lemon can be subbed here
1 TB+ olive oil
1 tsp granulated garlic powder
2 tsp Steel City Salt’s Peruvian Blend*
1 tsp paprika
½ tsp ground cumin
Salt to taste * try ½ tsp Steel City Salt’s Lemon Lime Sea Salt
Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
*pick up ALL of your spices right here!
1. Preheat to 375°F.
2. Cover a large, rimmed, baking sheet with parchment or foil, making sure that sides are long enough to fold up and catch the juices as chicken cooks.
3. Place chicken thighs, smooth side down, onto your covered baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Squeeze lime over the chicken.
4. Mix garlic, cumin, paprika, and Steel City Salt Peruvian Blend into a small bowl and generously sprinkle over chicken, using it all and evenly coating your chicken. Season with salt.
5. Cover loosely with a sheet of foil and roast chicken for 20-25 minutes. Remove foil and roast an additional 20-25 minutes, or until chicken starts to brown, and juices run clear. The chicken thighs should have an internal temperature of 165 F degrees. If Chicken browns too quickly, lay a sheet of tin foil over the top of the baking sheet.
6. Remove from the oven, cover, and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Using a pair of tongs and kitchen scissors, pick up each piece of chicken and cut into ½” slices, letting the pieces fall back into the pan juices. When all the chicken thighs are cut, stir to incorporate any remaining seasonings/juices left in the pan. Set aside.
Avocado Cucumber “Slaw”
1 Persian cucumber, diced (roughly 1 cup)
1 firm-ripe avocado, cubed (roughly 1 cup)
¼, cup plus 2 TB cilantro leaves chopped (reserving 2TB for garnishing)
1 scallion, thinly sliced, (roughly 2TB)
1 lime, halved
1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
½ tsp sea salt, try Lemon Lime Sea Salt
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
While chicken is roasting, prepare your slaw. Gently toss diced cucumbers, cubed avocado, scallions/green onions, lime juice, oil, salt, cilantro, and freshly ground pepper in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
1. In a saucepan, bring chicken stock and salsa to a boil. Stir in rice, corn, and Peruvian Blend. Cover and reduce heat to low; simmer for 20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
2. Remove from the heat; keep covered and let stand for 5 minutes. Remove cover and fluff with fork and serve!
Salsa Girl’s Black Beans
2 cups Three Rivers Salsa
2 cans black beans, undrained
1. Heat oil in a medium sized pot.
2. Add Salsa when the oil begins to simmer.
3. Stir for 2 minutes, then add whole contents of beans (do not drain, some of the liquid will cook off).
4. Simmer for 5-7 minutes on medium heat.
*Optional, sprinkle with your favorite cheese or green onion as a garnish!
Build your taco!
Starting with your tortilla (warmed is perfection), arrange a healthy portion of the chicken onto the center. Top your chicken with the Avocado Cucumber “Slaw. Complete delicious with a dollop of Three Rivers Salsa. Enjoy the rice and beans, your way, as either a topping or a side! Garnish with a sprinkling of your remaining cilantro, dig in & Enjoy!