using CorEats Pancake & Waffle Mix
Many of us have heard of, or already love, chicken and waffles. Or at least we’re aware of their very popular existence. And you may or may not know there are MANY variations and spins on this popular southern recipe. We’re talking sandwiches, with or without syrup, creative and inspiringly bizarre additions. I mean, why wouldn’t I jump on this outrageously delicious bandwagon!? But with my signature CorEats’ wholesome spin, of course!
First, let's kick unhealthy carbs, starches, grains, and additives to the corner and point out that CorEats Waffle mix is the star of the show- Uh, hello Mrs. Obvious! Okay, okay… But then we have the gobble-worthy chicken. Battered with almond flour and BAKED (or air fried ;-)) for a healthy, crispy chicken tender that could fool the pickiest chicken finger loving cutie! We top this heaven with a fast and painless, FRESH, coleslaw and that’s all folks!
Or is it???
If you even have to wonder, then we need to get to know each other a smidge more; wink, wink. Now this is where we climb to yet another level! Are you ready for it? Sweet n’ spicy honey mustard like your taste buds have never had the privilege of tasting before- Yet SO deserve! After today, you will not only want my waffle mix well stocked at all times, but you will never cheat on store-bought tenders, slaw, or honey mustard ever again!
1 CorEats Pancake & Waffles Mix
Is a sandwich more your style? Go ahead and try this recipe with your favorite CorEats Bread recipe!
1 lb chicken tender cutlets, 1” strips
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 eggs, whisked
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/3 cup almond flour
¼ cup parmesan cheese, optional
2 Tbsp nutritional yeast, optional
¼ tsp paprika
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp black pepper
½ tsp sea salt
...Don't be shy, go ahead and double this chicken tender recipe!
For a fun variation try adding ¼ cup coconut flakes to your flour mixture!
1- 10-14 oz. package of coleslaw mix, or 2 cups shredded cabbage*
⅓-½ cup mayo
1 Tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
1 ½ Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp vinegar
½ tsp ground black pepper
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp celery seed, optional
For more flavor try adding one or all to your slaw recipe: red onion, carrots, green onions, cilantro.
...For quick and easy, use ¼ cup of your favorite French Vinaigrette dressing (to replace the honey, lemon juice, vinegar, and spices. I highly recommend Brianna’s).
Sweet N’ Spicy Honey Mustard
2 Tbsp raw honey
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1-2 Tbsp hot sauce, to taste*
Use your favorite. I used Frank’s. Want more heat? Simply add more hot sauce!
...You should just go ahead and double this ;-)
Follow all package instructions to prepare your waffles, including baking instructions.
I like to do this while tenders are baking so they’re fresh out of the waffle maker! Feel free to prepare ahead and set aside until ready to enjoy.
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Crack your egg into a small bowl, add the lemon juice, and whisk until smooth.
3. Add all your flour mixture ingredients to a medium sized bowl and combine thoroughly.
4. Dip each tender into the egg wash, letting excess to drip off, and transfer to the almond flour mixture. Coat all sides.
5. Place coated tenders onto your prepared baking pan and repeat with remaining tenders.. A wire rack fitted onto the baking sheet will make for a crispier texture.
6. Spray the top of the chicken tenders with oil, brush with butter, or place a small pad of butter on each tender.
7. Bake tender for 20 minutes, or until internal temperature 165℉.
Air Fryer Instructions
Preheat to 400°F. Bake tenders for 12 minutes, or until internal temp is 165℉. This method may require 2 rounds of baking, depending on the size of your air fryer.
1. In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients until smooth.
2. Add cabbage and stir or rotate with tongs until cabbage is coated and set aside.
Slaw can be made up ahead.
3. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Honey Mustard Instructions
1. Whisk honey and mustard together until smooth.
2. Add hot sauce to taste, set aside until ready to enjoy!
Put it all together!
1. Enjoy your Chicken and Waffles piled high and deep; place a piece of chicken onto a warm waffle- I used a ¼ section of a CorEats Waffle as a portion. Top with your perfect preference of coleslaw and drizzle the Sweet N’ Spicy Honey Mustard over the top!
Craving a unique and delicious sandwich? Follow step one and then top your masterpiece with another ¼ of a waffle!