Using CorEats Bread Mix
We're at it again! I mean, with a bread mix so delicious, so easy to transform into your favorites, why wouldn’t we be? This time we’re blending CorEats bread mix with the traditional and unmistakable flavors of caraway to create the perfectly scrumptious "rye" you’ve all been waiting for.
This aromatic loaf not only pairs perfectly with many beloved sandwich styles, but it is the PERFECT canvas for the fan-favorite reuben- Crowd pleasing grub that is simply one mix away! The beauty of this bread may be in the fact that not only is it incredibly easy to whip up, but that it is a great loaf to make ahead. I mean, it’s not too crumby to have bread that actually gets BETTER the next day!
Whether reuben, ham and cheese, roast beef, or egg salad is what you crave, this bread stacks up to the challenge and will leave your taste buds cheering for more. This bread may just be the apple of your rye, baby… Crust me!
Caraway “Rye” Bread Batter
1 CorEats Bread Mix
½ cup sour cream *see notes
⅓ cup milk **see notes
2 tbsp oil or melted butter*
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
3 tsp caraway seeds*** see notes
¼ tsp sea salt
*Both dairy or Vegan varieties work great!
**For milk, the choice is yours! Vegan unsweetened milk of choice or dairy!
*** If desired, you may grind your caraway seeds in a mortar & pestle. This will lend a slightly more aromatic flavor to your bread, but is not necessary.
Make life easy and whip up your loaf one day before you need it! In fact, the next day the rye flavor tastes even more yummy and robust.
1. Preheat your oven to 350°
2. Prepare your bread pan by spraying or greasing it with oil. Lay a sheet of parchment paper across, from one side, across bottom, and up the other side.
3. Empty the dry mix into a medium sized bowl. Add caraway seeds and salt, combine well.
4. In a separate bowl, add all the wet ingredients and mix well.
5. Combine the wet and dry ingredients, mixing until the batter is smooth.
6. Pour batter into your prepared baking dish.
7. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean and your bread is nicely browned. *If your loaf is over browning before it’s ready, lightly cover with a sheet of foil or parchment paper.
8. Allow to cool completely for easier slicing. Enjoy your bread as is, or for a perfect reuben, try your rye loaf out with our reuben recipe here
For a NY Jewish Rye twist
Replace the ¼ cup milk for dill pickle juice (straight out of the pickle jar). Add an additional ½ tsp caraway seeds and 1 tbsp of your favorite sweetener (honey is an excellent choice!)
Artisan style bread, using cast iron
Preheat an 8” round cast iron pan by placing the pan into the oven as it preheats. Before adding bread batter, spray it well with oil. Bake as directed. When finished, you may opt to drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with one or all of the following: sea salt flakes, caraway seed, fresh parsley!
If using parchment paper, you will not need to preheat your pan. You can simply press the parchment paper into your pan until it takes the correct form. Pour your batter into the prepared pan and bake as directed. When using a cold cast iron skillet, you may need to add an additional 2-5 minutes baking time, or bake until lightly browned!