Using CorEats Pizza Dough mix
Keto & Free of: grain, gluten, dairy, soy & sugar!
Pizza, mmm… Really, is there ANYTHING better than pizza? Talk about versatility! Any combination of toppings, whether savory or dessert… My goodness, there is even pretentious pizza! Pretentious Pizza, hehe…. Now there’s a fun coin of phrase for you, haha!
Whether you have dietary restrictions, or a wise passion for your health, pizza is not a dish to ditch! Quite the contrary, as my pizza dough mix is not only delicious, but easy to dress up for ANY occasion or health need! So without further ado, feast your eyes (and your taste buds) on this beautiful rendition of “Pizza at its’ finest.”
Bacon & Basil Pizza
1 CorEats Pizza Dough mix
1 package Bacon
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/3 cup pizza sauce (tomato sauce may be used... add herbs to taste)
¼ cup sun dried tomatoes, soaked in olive oil
Fresh Basil leaves, large
¼ cup sunflower or alfalfa sprouts
½ small red onion, sliced thin
¼ cup shredded mozzarella
¼ cup shaved or shredded parmesan
Spicy Aioli Drizzle
¼ cup mayo*
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tsp hot sauce, like Cholula, or even Siracha
Salt & pepper to taste
Blend all ingredients together until creamy. Set aside and refrigerate
*My favorite is Trader Joe's mayo as it is made of whole food ingredients and contains no sugar
To prepare bacon:
1.Preheat oven to 400°
2. Line an edged baking sheet with foil.
3. Arrange bacon slices on the lined sheet close together but not touching.
4. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and bake for roughly 12-15 min.
5. Place bacon strips on paper towels to absorb extra grease and set aside.
*You will want to start monitoring the bacon after about 12 minutes, as cook time depends on the thickness of the bacon. You don’t want the bacon to get too crispy as you will be baking it again with pizza toppings.
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Prebake CorEats Pizza Crust per package instructions
- Spread sauce on to pizza crust
- Breaking bacon into 1” pieces as you go, layer onto pizza
- Add basil, spacing evenly (about 10-15 large pieces)
- Distribute sundried tomatoes, followed by sprouts, and onion
- Sprinkle on cheeses
- Bake for 10-15 min, or until toppings start to brown
Toppings & garnishings:
Squeeze lime over sliced avocado. Garnish pizza with slices and any extra sprouts. Drizzle with Aioli and ENJOY!
-Garlic Pesto can be subbed for Spicy Aioli, or even be used in addition to!
-Don’t have sprouts? Any leafy green can be substituted, and Arugula would be a fabulous twist!